As i promised at the beginning of the year, here is a new Tomplayer.
- Pictures diaporama can be used as screen saver :
* BMP, GIF, PNG and JPEG formats are handled
* Screen saver has be enabled for diaporama to work
* Put your pictures in diapo_path folder
At best these pictures should be at your Tomtom native resolution. But, if not, they will be automatically resized with
the following restriction : Pictures with higher resolution than 1280*1024 will be ignored.
* Pictures path and time between pictures can be set thanks to the new GUI
- GUI improvements :
* New GUI screens to configure :
- Default audio/video paths
- Screen saver
- FM transmitter
- and to enable/disable small fonts in file selector
- Audio_blue skin now changes current track instead of moving forward or backward in current track
- Video file filter has been modified to accept matroska container (mkv file)
- When you try to resume files (audio/video) that have been removed, you are no longer blocked
- Audio blue skin : you can now click on progress bar to modify position
- Audio is now working on TT GO7x40 LIVE
The provided ttsystem does not boot on recent XL Models. You have to install Tomplayer in navigation menu for now on these models.
Here is the recommended way to install Tomplayer :
- Extract the content of the distrib folder on the root of your external sdcard. (If you already have a tomplayer folder on it, then remove or rename it)
- Plug it in tomtom and boot...
If you do so, Tomplayer will start automatically when you turn on the TomTom and when you quit Tomplayer the TomTom will be powered off.
You will have to remove Tomplayer sdcard to be able to run navigation software
There is another way to install Tomplayer by adding an icon in navigation menu.
Installing that way is more complex and is no longer officially supported especially because, that way, any new navigation software update is likely to break Tomplayer...
Anyway, users who want to go that way are able to do so : Installation procedure is the same as for v0.131(note that for this kind of installation, you should not copy the ttsystem file provided in Tomplayer v0.2xx). If you already have tomplayer v0.131 in your navigation menu, you can replace the tomplayer folder to upgrade and keep an integrated installation...
Note that if you have a TomTom ONE or XL and a navigation software V>8, then copying sdkregistry folder is not enough to add an icon in navigation software : Have a look to steps 5 and 6 of this tutorial : http://www.tomplayer.net/wiki/doku.php?id=en:tutov8
You can download the archive on this link : http://sourceforge.net/projects/tomplayer/
Enjoy, and again, happy new year 2009...
PS : source code is no longer provided in the zip file but it is fully available by svn at :
http://tomplayer.svn.sourceforge.net/vi ... er_v0.220/