Tom Tom Eclipse reboot

Any problem with TomPlayer ? you can ask here

Re: Tom Tom Eclipse reboot

Postby wolfgar » 15 Jun 2010, 20:47

Yes it is in the last (0.230) version,

It is stated in the README file and on the release note (http://www.tomplayer.net/joomla/index.p ... &Itemid=49) :
- Tomtom Eclipse Full support
* To use tomplayer on a TT eclipse :
- Replace tomplayergui.sh by tomplayergui_eclipse.sh
- If you want the sound only on your car speakers - You have to select "usb mode" in the radio and to set
int_speaker = 1
in tomplayer.ini
- By the way, you can access USB storage from /mnt/mass_storage

Best regards

Stéphan
wolfgar
Site Admin

Postby stClem » 16 Jun 2010, 13:29

thanks, but cant get it to work. Have version 7.833 of tomtom softvare.

The icon is not found in tomtom, and if i use a blank sdcard it keeps restarting.
stClem
Nouveau membre

Postby wolfgar » 17 Jun 2010, 21:17

HI,

The standalone does not work on eclipse (it reboots, you are right)
To get the icon in the menu you have to copy the sdkregister folder on the memory where the installation software is installed

Regards

Stéphan
wolfgar
Site Admin

Postby stClem » 18 Jun 2010, 18:22

Cant find out witch folder to use. Have copied the sdkregister folder to sdcard root.
stClem
Nouveau membre

Postby wolfgar » 18 Jun 2010, 19:12

Hi,

Sorry, i wanted to write : The sdkregister folder should be copied at the root of the memory where the navcore software is installed (in the internal memory i think..)

Wolfgar
wolfgar
Site Admin

Postby stClem » 18 Jun 2010, 19:58

It is installed on the sdcard. There is no internal memory as i can see.
stClem
Nouveau membre

Postby wolfgar » 21 Jun 2010, 18:14

HI,

OK sorry for this
So, i don't understand why you don't have the icon in the menu...

Maybe pablotron can tell us if he has changed something to get the icon : I send him a private mail ...
Stéphan
wolfgar
Site Admin

Postby Pablotron » 23 Jun 2010, 19:33

Hi everybody!

Tomtom Eclipse is 7.8 version, so it doesn't recognizes automatically external aplications. You have to create a custom menu and include the tomplayer icon. How can you do that? its easy. Just follow the following steps.

1) You should have a directory named sdkregistry. If you don't have it is because you haven't already installed tomplayer. Don't worry, create it.
2) Inside it you have to create a new wordpad file.
3) Open it. Here you're going to create the menu for your tomtom. The structure is like this

MENUBLOCK|BLOCK_MAIN|BTM_GPS_POSITION|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE1|Página 1/4|
MENUITEM|TASK_NAVIGATE_TO|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_FIND_ALTERNATIVES|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_PHONE|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_PREFERENCES|
MENUITEM|TASK_DELETE_ROUTE|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE2|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE2|Página 2/4|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_PLAN_ATOB|
MENUITEM|TASK_SHOW_MAP|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_ROUTE_INSTRUCTIONS|
MENUITEM|TASK_ADD_FAVORITE|
MENUITEM|TASK_ITINERARY|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE3|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE3|Página 3/4|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_TRAFFIC|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_DOWNLOAD|
MENUITEM|TASK_TUTORIAL|
MENUITEM|TASK_SDK1|
MENUITEM|TASK_EMPTY|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE1|

Each menu page has 6 icons, one of the is the arrow to change page. Each task has a name, so you can compose your menu as you like, changing icons, deleting them o changing their position. Here you can see a icon list.

I tried to make the default factory menu including a icon for tomplayer, but there is a problem. I can't find the code for some of our icons, so I can't make one as the original. The one which looks more similar to original is which I wrote you above. Anyway I don't think this is a problem, you get used to it.

If you make your own menu you may know that if you create a page with less than 6 icons you must replace the empty icon with the code MENUITEM|TASK_EMPTY| If you just leave a blank space the menu may result a mess.

With every new tomtom aplication you install you must edit the tomtom.mnu file and add the line MENUITEM|TASK_SDK#| in the page you want. # represents the number of the aplication. You must have as many # as aplications.

4 and last step) Once you edit you menu, you must save it. After that you have to rename it with the name tomtom.mnu (.mnu is the extension) Make sure your windows is configured to show file extensions. After that you'll see that its icon dissapears because windows doesn't know wich type of file it is.

Here you have more information http://www.opentom.org/Menu_structure

I hope you find this information useful. Excuse me for my english. Anyway I leave you here my menu, you just have to download it and copy the content of the rar into the root of your SD and overwrite what's needed.

Wolfgar, I recommend you to change the default video directory from SD card to MNT/mass_storage. Tomplayer doens't work very well with videos in the sd. I know it very easy to do that (I did it myself just editing tomplayer.ini), but I'm sure some people won't know it.

One more thing. I've changed my email. You can contact me in imation159 ARROBA gmail.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pablotron
Membre

Postby Pablotron » 23 Jun 2010, 20:40

I've downloaded new tomplayer and it works great!

Only two things. We can't overwrite our ttsystem with the ttsystem included in the package because if we do that we loose GPS option. Tomplayer is set on startup. Just copy all files but not ttsystem in the SD.

Other thing I found interesting. Playlist works perfectly, but after playing a song, the next one set tomtom volume to minimum. So you have to give volume again. Could it be that tomplayer sets tomtom volume to max on default? I mean, eclipse radio volumen goes from 0 to 80. Optimal volume is 40-60. Over 60 it's too loud and speakers distors. If you set tomtom volume to minimun, you have to set radio volume to 70 and more, so if you quit tomplayer, you'll get a really high volume on tuner and cd if you forget to set it down. In the other hand, if you set max volume in tomplayer, you can set radio volume to 40-50, just like CD and tuner. So I think it would be great if tomplayer would set his max volume as default. What do you think about it?

PS: I'll try that videos which I couldn't play before (44 kHz). I'll tell you if this new version can.
Pablotron
Membre

Postby Pablotron » 23 Jun 2010, 21:30

I've fixed it. I remembered what you told me once. I set volume from -20 to 5 in mplayer.conf. Now it sounds perfectly.

PS: Still doesn't work 44 KHz videos on speakers, as usual xDD
Pablotron
Membre

Postby wolfgar » 24 Jun 2010, 23:08

Hi Pablotron,

First of all, many thanks for your fast and very clear and exhaustive answer !
I will complete the installation manual for the eclipse model according to your valuable remarks...

For the video playlist, i have already solved the problem with the settings that are lost when switching to the next video...
I attach the new binary. Of course i am going to release a new version with this correction in the coming weeks (i try to solve another reboot problem with standalone version before...)

Best regards

Stephan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wolfgar
Site Admin

Postby stClem » 25 Jun 2010, 14:10

Thanks, havent testet it much, but now i get the tomplayer icon in tomtom menu. Tried only one video, didnt work, maybee the 44 khz is the reason. Try more later.

Should i have tomplayer on a usb stick or on sd card for best "preformance"?
stClem
Nouveau membre

Postby Pablotron » 25 Jun 2010, 15:06

Videos from SD are slower than from USB, but both of them work. About 44KHz, we don't know why, but tomplayer can`t get sound through car speakers when the video is coded with 44 kHz audio, but the still plays.

What do you mean when you say tomplayer doesn't work? Can't you watch videos? You can't hear them on car speakers? Tell me more so I can help you.

TIP: In order to listen videos on car speaker you must follow some steps.

Insert an USB in the car radio (the USB can't have any mp3 inside it). Then select USB mode in the radio. Now launch tomplayer and watch videos. If the car radio is not in USB you won't play audio on speakers.

EDIT: One last thing. You should play videos 320x240 resolution. More resolution doesnt' fit the screen and sometimes it also gets lag and freeze.
Pablotron
Membre

Postby stClem » 26 Jun 2010, 16:34

Only show 1/4 of picture, like the screen is to smal. Then get lag an freeze, and restarts.

Pablotron wrote:EDIT: One last thing. You should play videos 320x240 resolution. More resolution doesnt' fit the screen and sometimes it also gets lag and freeze.

What do you mean? Change resolution in tomplayer or "remake" the video before transfer it to sdcard?

How do you check the video if its 44khz?
stClem
Nouveau membre

Postby Pablotron » 26 Jun 2010, 16:50

[quote="stClem"]Only show 1/4 of picture, like the screen is to smal. Then get lag an freeze, and restarts.

Ok, it is a video resolution problem, as I said before. You have to "remake" the video in 320x240 resolution. You can download this video converter

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ET8NIVA1

It's free and very powerfull. Check you set properties like this

You can know audio properties doing right click -> properties -> detalis, in the video icon in Windows. You can also use the program "gspot". It's free.

Have you tried storing the video in an USB instead of SDcard? The are played better, quickier loading.

Let me know if you have more questions.

PS: If you know spanish I can give you a tutorial I made in other web.
Pablotron
Membre

PreviousNext

Return to Troubleshooting